- Machine Learning/ Deep Learning
- Representation Learning
- Generative Models
- Probabilistic Graphical Models
- Question Answering
- Text Generation
- Text Representation
- Topic Modeling
-  Steven Haussmann, Oshani Seneviratne, Yu Chen, Yarden Ne’eman, James Codella, Ching-Hua Chen, Deborah L. McGuinness and Mohammed J. Zaki, FoodKG: A Semantics-Driven Knowledge Graph for Food Recommendation. In the 18th International Semantic Web Conference ( ISWC 2019), Auckland, New Zealand, Oct. 26-Oct. 30, 2019. [code]
-  Yu Chen, Lingfei Wu and Mohammed J. Zaki, GraphFlow: Exploiting Conversation Flow with Graph Neural Networks for Conversational Machine Comprehension. In ICML 2019 Workshop on Learning and Reasoning with Graph-Structured Representations ( ICML LRG 2019), Long Beach, CA, June 9-June 15, 2019.
-  Hao Chen, Yu Chen, Xu Zhang, Baiyuan Li, Xiaoqiang Liu, Xuefei Shi and Jie Shen, A Fast Voxel-based Method for Outlier Removal in Laser Measurement. In International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, 2019.
-  Yu Chen, Lingfei Wu and Mohammed J. Zaki, Bidirectional Attentive Memory Networks for Question Answering over Knowledge Bases. In Proc. 2019 Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics ( NAACL-HLT 2019), minneapolis, MN, June 2-June 7, 2019. Long Oral Paper.[arXiv][code][slides]
-  Yu Chen, Rhaad M. Rabbani, Aparna Gupta and Mohammed J. Zaki, Comparative Text Analytics via Topic Modeling in Banking. In Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (IEEE SSCI 2017), Hawaii, USA, Nov 27-Dec 1, 2017. [paper]
-  Yu Chen and Mohammed J. Zaki, KATE: K-competitive Autoencoder for Text. In Proceedings of the 23rd ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (SIGKDD 2017), Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, August 13-17, 2017. Full Oral Paper. Acceptance rate=8.6% (64 out of 748). [arXiv][code][slides][talk]
- Student Travel Award of SIGKDD 2017.